Updated October 14, 2020
You are very welcome to our estate.
Safety at Het Roode Koper has been tested and will be tested continuously with the Safety Region of North East Gelderland and is safeguarded by us in tailor-made measures. The rules of hygiene and 1,5 metere distance are strictly enforced by us, so feel safe with us and enjoy the peace and space on our estate and the beautiful culinary moments in our restaurant, renovated during the first lockdown and with all tables at distance from each other. Because currrently every stay at Het Roode Koper is linked to a hotel stay (which is not included in the measure of the Dutch closure of cafés and restaurants), we are allowed to welcome you and to serve you breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We can provide you with a safe and relaxing stay thanks to:
- the measures we have taken to prevent further spread of the virus. Among other things, we have invested in an intelligent air ventilation system that continuously measures the air quality and ensures the supply of filtered, clean outside air, so that the restaurant and several meeting rooms are aerosol-free.
- the current layout of our estate (space and privacy details see below)
- the extra services we offer to make your stay a safe stay (details see below)
General safety precautions:
- Our employees strictly maintain 1.5 meters distance from you and each other.
- At the entrances of every house and every interior you will find pumps with disinfecting hand gel.
- On our spacious estate, we only receive hotelguests on the basis of prior reservation and we keep the total number of guests present at the same time very limited.
- We manage the flow of guests on our estate in a coordinated way without a hindered feeling.
- We invested in the development of very high-quality splash guards. At your request, we can place these on the table (s) for you (with a distance of 1.5 meters already). These splash guards are from the ground up to 65 cm above the table and form an inverted L. The screens protect not only the people opposite each other at the table but also the space between the people.
- If you have a fever or a cold, please do not come to our estate but stay at home. This also applies to your family members or other travel companions in your group.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, we will ask you if you have any COVID-19 related complaints. If this is the case, we unfortunately have to ask you to go home.
- The reception is open daily from 7.30 am - 10.30 pm, but our staff will keep their distance. If you have any questions for our reception staff, we ask you to come with 1 person at the same time.
- When you arrive at the hotel, we will not shake hands or take your coat. At an appropriate distance, we will personally discuss your stay with you.
- We will hand you your room key that has been completely disinfected.
- For carrying your luggage to your room we will disinfect the handles of the suitcases or bag in advance and after carrying.
- The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner for hotelguests only.
- The chefs prepares a daily changing dinner with the finest products from the region and with the utmost care for quality and finesse.
- For lunch we make a nice packed lunch that you can take with you in your own backpack or we serve you a delicious lunch at the terrace or in the restaurant.
- The tables in the dining areas and on the terraces are appropriately spaced.
- If you are staying in a Grand Luxe Room or De Luxe Room, you can also have breakfast, lunch or dinner in your room.
- We will enter the hotel room only for cleaning.
- The heated outdoor pool is closed since 1st of November.
- The tennis court is open. We kindly request you to take your own rackets and tennis balls.
Cycling and walking
- From the estate you walk or cycle directly into the forest. You can follow signposted routes ranging from 2 to 15.5 km.
- Before you arrive, we would like to be informed whether you want to rent a bicycle. Then it is ready upon arrival. Please indicate whether it is a touring bike, mountain bike or electric bicycle.
Dogs and horses
- Dogs are welcome: on a leash on the estate, in your room in a crate. Dogs are not welcome in the lounges, bar, restaurant and terrace.
- The boxes for guest horses are open on behalf of reservation in advance.
Tip to take with you!
- We recommend that you bring a backpack for a packed lunch and a water and / or thermos bottle. Also we advise you to download the National Trust app on your phone for cycling and walking routes in the area.
Within the mentioned measures, our team is ready to welcome you. Do you have questions? Please call us on telephone number +31 577 407 393. The reception is open daily from 07:30 - 22:30.
We are very much looking forward to making your stay an - in the positive sense - unforgettable stay. To make our home your home. See you soon at Het Roode Koper!
With best regards,
Sietske Doespers en Peter Bos
Team Het Roode Koper