On a very limited basis and with adapted services, we give guests a warm welcome on our estate. Our customized services meet the guidelines of The National Institute for Public Health and the regulations of the Dutch government.
The adjustment of our estate complies with the safety rules of the government and does not compromise the quality you are used to from us. Our services now proceed a protocol that we inform guests in advance and that we carefully discuss with you upon your arrival. This way we can guarantee an unwinding stay on our estate during this special time and meet our guests’ need of space and safety.
You want to make a reservation?
In this situation we only offer a stay based on full board. We have available only a limited number of hotel rooms on our 10-hectare estate. The estate is closed to non-staying hotel guests. A minimum stay of two nights can be booked online and by telephone. You can make a booking for a stay in:
- three types of hotel rooms: Comfort rooms, De Luxe rooms and Grand Luxe rooms;
- the private villa ‘the Manegehuis’
- the entire estate
Please call us for the possibilities of a stay in the private villa or the estate based on full exclusivity.
Our measures for space and security
This special situation requires special measures. For an adapted and responsible service to our guests we have taken the following measures:
- If you have a fever or a cold, please do not come to our estate but stay home. This also applies to your family members or other travel companions of your group.
- Keep 1.5 meters away from other guests and our employees.
- The reception is open daily from 7.30 am - 10.30 pm, but our staff will keep their distance. If you have any questions for our reception staff, we ask you to come with 1 person at the same time.
- When you arrive at the hotel, we will not shake hands or take your coat. At an appropriate distance, we will personally discuss your stay with you and give you a tour of the estate.
- We will hand you your room key that has been completely disinfected. During your stay, we kindly request you to keep your key with you.
- In the current situation, we ask you to carry your luggage to the room this time. If this is difficult, we will do this for you, after which we will disinfect the handles of the suitcases or bags.
- A stay at Het Roode Koper is based on full board.
- For the safety of all, a maximum of two chefs work at the same time. They cook a daily changing dinner for you, with of course still the finest products from the region and with the utmost care for quality and finesse.
- For lunch we make a nice packed lunch that you can take with you in your own backpack or we serve you a delicious sandwich.
- Breakfast also remains a festive start to the day. I
- To prevent too many guests from gathering during breakfast, lunch and dinner, we have set up several rooms and use time blocks. These are as follows:
Breakfast: 7:30 am - 9:00 am and 9:15 am - 10:30 am Lunch: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM and 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM Dinner: 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm and 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- For breakfast, lunch and dinner, guests are assigned spacious, private tables
- The tables in the dining areas and on the terraces are appropriately spaced. We have expanded the capacity for outdoor dining.
- If you take your seat for dinner, we already have olives, bread and crudités on the table for you. The first course is only served when all guests have taken their seats.
- All courses of the menu are served at the same time for all guests. In this way we keep the peace and distance intact.
- We serve the dishes through trays that we place on a table 1.5 meters away from you. We ask you to take the plates yourself. We only serve wines by the bottle or our house wine by the glass.
- If you are staying in a Grand Luxe Room or De Luxe Room, you can also eat in your room. For this we place a table in your room and put the trays in front of your door.
- The Poolhouse has opened a counter as a take-away for drinks and snacks, open daily from 11am to 7pm
- Lounges and bar are closed.
Cleaning and entering hotel rooms
- We will not enter the hotel room during your stay. For stays longer than five days, we make individual agreements with you about cleaning.
- We deliver fresh towels every day, in front of your room.
- Use of sanitary facilities is only in your room, not in public areas.
- Outside in the gardens we create a private seating area for each couple or group with comfortable chairs.
- The heated outdoor pool is open.
- The sunbeds at the pool are assigned to you personally, taking into account the distance to other guests.
- The sanitary facilities at the pool are also still closed.
- The tennis court is open. We kindly request you to take your own rackets and tennis balls.
Cycling and walking
- From the estate you walk or cycle directly into the forest. For now we do not provide maps with walking routes, but you can follow signposted routes ranging from 2 to 15.5 km. Do you want to walk a longer distance? Let us know and we will email you some suggestions.
- To make a nice bike ride through the forest and across the heath, you can plan a route yourself via the ANWB bicycle junctions. A first junction is located 100 meters from our estate.
- If you are a member of the National Trust, you can download an app on your phone and you have the most beautiful walking and cycling routes at hand.
- Before you arrive, we would like to be informed whether you want to rent a bicycle. Then it is ready upon arrival. Please indicate whether it is a touring bike, mountain bike or electric bicycle. After every use of a bicycle, it is disinfected by us.
- We request you to pay with your bank card. We disinfect the pin device after every transaction.
- We cannot accept cash and credit card.
- Of course it is also possible to pay in advance via the bank.
Dogs and horses
- From June 20, dogs are welcome again: on a leash on the estate, in the room in a crate and not in the lounges, bar, restaurant and terrace.
- The boxes for guest horses will be open from 1 June.
Tip to take with you!
- We recommend that you bring a backpack for a packed lunch and a water and / or thermos bottle. Also we advise you to download the National Trust app on your phone for cycling and walking routes in the area.
Within the mentioned measures, our team is ready to welcome you. Do you have questions? Please call us on telephone number +31 577 407 393. The reception is open daily from 07:30 - 22:30.
We are very much looking forward to making your stay an - in the positive sense - unforgettable stay. To make our home your home. See you soon at Het Roode Koper!
With best regards,
Sietske Doespers en Peter Bos
Team Het Roode Koper